Thursday, May 7, 2009

Coming Out of the Closet Again: LOST

This is two posts in a row where I'm admitting something! I am a LOSTaholic. Before the Goose was born, I'd spend several hours surfing message boards, reading about all kinds of things that we missed in one simple episode. I even compiled them into an e-mail that I sent to a few other LOST lovers that I know in real life.

After having a baby, well, the priorities shifted. I found that I was missing that inside view, though, and one day a blog I read linked to Rocks in My Dryer and Shannon's recap post, plus there were a lot of links to recap posts in the comments. It's a lot less taxing than the message boards! If you don't watch LOST, go read about the riblets again. And, if you haven't seen this week's episode yet, this will spoil it! You can find more LOST comments here.

I don't quite get the whole time travel thing. I'd think it would be a paradox that, for example, grown-up Miles could see baby Miles. (Although it was quite touching that he got a better idea of what happened between his parents and why he didn't know his father.)

Here's hoping that we get more information on this Jacob character, preferably before Locke kills him. Also, I'm quite curious to know why the only thing Jacob has been heard to say is "help me". While I think Locke is totally outer limits, I do think he's got some sort of island spirituality going on and I would probably go with whatever he says. Although it may not be the truth, or the whole truth, as he told Sun they were going to get info on Jin and the rest of our Losties, and told Ben he lied to Sun. But, after Ben killed Locke, who would blame Locke for yanking Ben's chain a bit? Anyway, I think he *will* help Jacob.

My favorite part was Hurley trying to convince Dr. Chang that they're not really from the future. It took me a bit to realize that yuh-huh, the Korean War would have happened by then. Guess I was thinking the Gulf War or War in Iraq.

I was also glad to see Sayid helping Jack again. Poor Sayid - he's been through so much. Since Hubs is a USAF trained killer (hee), I wouldn't pick Sayid over him if I needed some serious protecting from bad people, but Sayid would be a close second. While it would be a huge bummer if the plane just landed in LA and everybody resumed their normal, lousy lives, Sayid is one that really would be better off. Probably the only one, though. He really does deserve a happily ever after with Nadia.

I would love to see Claire in the season finale next week, but I don't think we will. I think we're going to get to see more of the wacko plane crash survivors - the "what lies in the shadow of the statue?" people. I don't think they're working for Widmore, and I don't think they're working for Ben. Holy buckets.

We now resume our regularly scheduled posting. :>) And if you don't watch LOST and tried to make heads or tails of this, I'm really sorry!

3 comments:

Angela said...

I didn't know you liked Lost, I'm a Lost fanatic also! I think Hurley is hilarious, and I love Sawyer and Juliette. I'm disappointed to see them back on the island in next week's preview. I just want them to live happily ever after. And I was wondering if Claire will make an appearance next week.

kisatrtle said...

I too am hoping for a cameo from Claire next week, but I'm not holding my breath.

The previews seem to feature Sawyer, Kate and Juliet and I thought they were on the sub.

I'm so confused.

Lenetta said...

Angela, yay, I'm so glad I'm not all alone in my weirdness! :>) I completely missed that part of the preview (it was way too late) to realize Sawyer and Juliet don't get off the island. Sigh.

Actually I'm not digging the previews for LOST, it's so hard to figure out what is going on. I know it's that way on purpose, but still.

kisatrtle, thanks for stopping by! It's so nice that we can all be confused together. Hee.