Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Organizing Pot Lids

This isn't a new tip - you've likely seen it before. But I had to read it a couple dozen times before thinking "huh, I oughta try that" and probably a few more after that before I actually went out and did it.


Use a dish drain rack. I found one that was small enough to fit in my lazy susan, which helped me better utilize THAT space, too. Anybody else have a great way of storing lids?

And, while I'm asking questions, I'd love to hear recommendations - I need to replace my teflon skillets because they are no longer non-stick, and I keep reading how lousy that stuff is for you anyway. Anybody using something they love?

For more kitchen tips, visit Tammy's Recipes.

7 comments:

MommyLydia said...

Cast Iron!

That seems like it makes the pot lids take up a LOT of space. What is wrong with storing them on their sides in the areas between pans and walls/between pans, and upside down on top?

Thelittlebrownhouse.us said...

I have never seen that suggestion before - I may have to try it!

Kim said...

That would work if I had room for a drain tray in my cabinet. Alas, I do not - lids get put where ever they fit :)

Zimms Zoo said...

What a great idea! I was just looking at a way to organize lids and they were so expensive. So I guess I am going to buy a dish drainer. Thanks for the great idea!

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

Brilliant! Why didn't I think of that??? Those pot lids drive me crazy. What a great idea for storing them... thanks!!

Amy @ Finer Things said...

This is why bloggers should never NOT write a post because "everyone already knows." I DIDN'T know that! Have never seen this tip. :)

Netta said...

Hi, I just found your blog through another blog where you'd left a comment.
Your name & site caught my eye because my full name is Lenetta and I go by Netta (and grew up in Colorado, surrounded by farm & cow country!)

I live in the opposite area now.. Detroit. Homeschool our 5 kids and Love JESUS with all my heart.

It's fun to find your site.
Happy Thanksgiving!