Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Fun Finds - Presbyterian Rummage Sale

I mentioned a while back that I got some good stuff at the Presbyterian rummage sale. (Why do I bother noting which church sponsors the rummage sales? Dunno.) Anyway, thought I'd show off my finds.

A set of wings for Goose. They need recovering, which is easy enough to do with knee-high panty hose. I don't know how I'll end up painting them (or if - I'm not very artistic that way). On this set, I noticed that that they are joined in the middle by felt that was glued on - that's definitely good information for re-assembly.

A stack of books with corresponding cassette tapes. I have an old but loved radio/tape player that I've been thinking about designating for Goose use (hee!) though I'm not sure she's quite ready for that responsibility. (A note on the radio - I won it at our last-day-of-school festivities in the seventh grade. I can still remember how excited I was to win it!)

A few different books. I've already given her Corduroy and A Rainbow of My Own (by the same author as Corduroy) and she LOVES them both. The Country Bunny book will be saved for Easter, as likely the garden book will be. The back two are tucked away for future possible home schooling.

This is what I suspect she'll be most excited about - a tool set. She's been a good little "fixer" lately and I've cracked up a number of times watching her lay down her little bike on its side and mess around with her little wooden hammer and a pair of plastic pliers. She'll be grease monkeying on tractors before I know it! There is also a little red drill that I think she'll enjoy, and because there was room in the picture, I threw in the sack of magnetic letters and a funky ball that I picked up.

Ah, yes, a picture of the random miscellaneous. Lots of good stuff here! Left to right (mostly) - a glass trinket box in the shape of a shamrock, since Goose was born on St. Patrick's Day, three hair clips - the new ones just aren't strong enough to hold all my hair up, a set of cute greeting cards, a couple pair of old black and white shoelaces, an assortment of old thread, some on funky spools, a little smiley face button pin with shamrocks for the eyes, a seamstress measuring tape, a big red button, some foil hearts, and a few tubes of glitter. (Whew.)

I can't remember now exactly how much this set me back, but I'm thinking it was in the neighborhood of $8. I was quite pleased!

3 comments:

Janna said...

Hello! I have chosen to award you with a blog award on my blog. I specifically love your link round up that saves me some searching time! you should be able to check it out by the end of the day!

AmberRay said...

Great finds. I love church rummage sales.

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

What great finds, Lenetta! I particularly love that audio book set. Awesome! By the way, the baby leg warmers arrived a few days ago, and they are perfect for Clara! Thank you so much! I can't wait to finish her jumper so she'll have such an awesome outift. :-)