Saturday, July 18, 2009

Link Roundup, Laundry Piles Version

I feel like all I've done for the past several days is change dirty diapers and run loads of laundry. I'm guessing that since I'm using so much ointment on Goose, it's rubbing off in her diaper and making it not absorbent. There have been a few times that I've laid a plastic bag on the changing table and laid a few layers of paper towels over it to catch any overflow. This morning, I was happy when I got up because Goose hadn't fussed during the night (she's gotten sick during the night three nights in a row), but once she did get up, I found out that she had gotten sick anyway and just didn't cry. Poor thing!

Lots o' links this weekend:

MAKE
I got a huge kick out of this sorter for keeping track of many children's cups, posted by Danielle Bean at Faith and Family Live.

When a mom of many posts something homemade, I pay attention! Case in point, this homemade playdough recipe found at Cardamom.

I've never seen sun jars before but these are really interesting! (at Lifehacker via Tipnut)

Along those lines, here are some very cute hanging jar lanterns at P. Allen Smith.

LOOK HOW CUTE! Make a dress out of a onesie from these instructions at Made. There is a certain onesie from Old Navy that I've kicked myself for not getting - I will be keeping my eye on ebay for one now! (found via Lori at A Frugally Old Fashioned Homemaker.)

Maybe someday I'll have reason to make this patternless maternity skirt. (at Boulevard Designs, found via Michele at Frugal Granola - click through to see how she did it).

EAT
These Blueberry sweet rolls at Food Blogga look great!

Who doesn't like ice cream cakes, though funds and nutritional preferences tend to get in the way. Here's a delicious sounding knock-off ice cream cake at Lily of the Valley.

I wonder how these homemade crescent rolls would stand up to all my recipes that call for crescent roll dough? (at My Country Haven)

I have a zucchini in the fridge just waiting to be turned into these chocolate pudding zucchini muffins per Amy at Finer Things.

This apple cider syrup for waffles sounds pretty darned good. (at good Life {eats}) (As soon as I replace my waffle iron, that is.)

Here is a recipe for quinoa with beans and corn at Being Frugal is Fabulous. I really need to fix beans more . . . we all like them, and they're so healthy and cheap.

I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing that Goose still isn't feeling well, because I SO want to make this upscale mac & cheese with bacon topping RIGHT NOW. Pasta. Cheese. Bacon. Where can you go wrong, except nutritionally? :>)

DO
Here are a couple of spray painting tips from Meredith at Like Merchant Ships.

Love this - scooper ball for those who haven't mastered a ball and glove yet. (at Scribbit)

Tipnut has a guide for freezing vegetables - which I've done a lot of while fearing canning.

More homemade cleaning recipes at Free Money Finance.

Along the lines of cleaning, I have a Swiffer that doesn't see a lot of action, but in my defense we have mostly carpet! Once I run out of solution, though, here are directions on how to refill my Swiffer solution, from Engineer a Debt Free Life.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lenetta,
Glad to see the recipe for Play Dough. That is the exact recipe that I used for you and your brother when you were little!!! I just used plain ole food coloring ~ we had Cool-Aid, but........my gosh, it was probably 10 cents a package (on sale). Really never thought of using glitter. However, because of the oil in the recipe, you and Carl had to play with it on the table or a shower curtain on the floor because of the kitchen carpet.
Love
Mom

Angela said...

Poor little thing, I really hope she's better soon!

And I love your link roundups, btw.

Lori said...

I'm checking out those Blueberry sweet Rolls!! :)
Hope your little Goose gets better. Bless her heart.
PS - Wasn't it neat finding out that someone else has another Goose too???!!!

RufflesAndFringe said...

Wow! Thanks for including me. You have some great links here on sites I had not heard about before. Thanks!

dana said...

thanks for the link! LOVE it!
not to be too technical :)...but you prob meant to say "make a dress out of onesie" instead of "make a onesie out of a dress"
Hope you have a great weekend!

Steph Martin said...

Thank you so much for including me in your round up! I'm very honored! You've got lots of great info here and I can't wait to check it all out!

Lenetta said...

Dana, that IS what I meant . . . another blown out diaper after a nap and another load of laundry have officially pickled my brain. Thanks for pointing it out - it's corrected now! :>)

Mom - I got out the shower curtain for play-dough this morning. I prefer your 1972 polka-dot one, though.

Scribbit said...

Thanks so much for the mention!

Susan from Food Blogga said...

Hi Lenetta! Thanks so much for the shout-out! I LOVE my mom's blueberry sweet rolls and hope your readers will too.

Deanna said...

Love the link roundup! Check out another way to keep track of the kiddos' cups at http://marzipanmom.blogspot.com/2009/01/mark-your-cup.html
I also made Food Blogga's Blueberry Rolls and you can see my version at http://marzipanmom.blogspot.com/2009/07/blueberry-cinnamon-rolls.html

Kimarie @ Cardamom's Pod said...

A belated thanks for including me in this roundup! I don't know why I never popped over here - I usually check out my commenters' blogs...

BTW could you change the link a little? My main url is now http://www.countryclan.net/mom/.... thanks!