Sunday, July 5, 2009

Link Roundup, Biting Flies Version

Today has been a pseudo-productive day . . . Mass this morning, bacon and eggs for brunch, squabble with Hubs, mowed the lawn, worked on draining and cleaning the wading pool, and tried to weed the garden but the flies drove me out. Ouch!

So I don't think I've been all that efficient without Goose here. For one, I miss her like crazy For two, my brain seems to have rewired and I'm not particularly capable of staying on a single task for too long. Poor attention span? I don't know. It hasn't been a complete waste of time, but I had hoped to do more.

Anyway, I know you're all anxious to see what I found this week, so here we go!

MAKE
Very cute flower headbands at Homemade by Jill.

Remember the punched tin butterflies? I knew that method would transfer well - here are some cute garden lanterns from tin cans at Fine Gardening.

Martha Stewart has some adorable sewing kit jars that I see more as a bit decorative, i.e. my MIL's quilt shop.

I like the idea of this homemade I Spy bag at Peculiar Momma. I especially love the way you find random things around the house to use!

Lori at Frugally Old Fashioned Homemaker made liquid hand soap! I tend to just buy in bulk, but I like the idea a lot!

It wouldn't be a link roundup without highlighting Valerie at Frugal Family Fun Blog - this week, it's a waterproof homemade windsock. I'd be tempted to use a lighter to melt the cut edges of the plastic myself, but if it turned in, it might affect the asthetics (and it might cut the plastic more easily). If it does, though, it's not like you're out a whole lot - just make another one! :>)

LEARN
Here's a tutorial on how to embroider chain stitch at Coats Crafts from across the pond, and I'm betting that some clicking around would yield more stitchery how-tos.

While I've hardly ever met a truly bad cookie, Baking 911 has some cookie troubleshooting tips if you want to make a good thing better.

DO
For older kiddos, The Idea Room has this boredom buster jar with chores that need done as well as a few fun things thrown in for good measure.

Who wouldn't love to get this pouch full of candy in the mail?? Like usual, I'm thinking Neighbor Jane Payne's idea would translate well to other flat and reasonably durable applications.

I'm thinking older kids and thrifted tools, but this ice archeology at Scribbit looks like fun!

3 comments:

2Shaye ♪♫ said...

YAY! I love your link roundups. I'm gathering my favorite links to hopefully start this soon. I really just need another place to store my favorite ideas because my bookmarks are WAY out of control. Heehee!

I swear, I was about to make some of the I-spy thingies a few months ago. I was actually going to make them for CHRISTMAS gifts (for the little cousins), but I chose another couple sewing project instead.

And yay on the soap. I might have to get working on that.

Great stuff! Have a super week!

~Shaye

Lori said...

Girl, this is always my mostest favoritest post that you do. You list some really good ideas here. :) I had never heard of the Neighbor Jane Payne site!! There are some cute cute ideas there. Thank you for mentioning this one for sure!
(Thanks for the mention of my blog, by the way) :)

Lenetta said...

I'm so glad you guys enjoy them! I love to see what others find interesting. Like I said at the beginning, we can't all read the whole internet ourselves, so it only makes sense that we split it up and share what we find. :>)