Saturday, April 3, 2010

Link Roundup - Resurrection Edition

As we prepare to celebrate Christ's victory over death tomorrow, I am reflecting on a Lent that hasn't turned out at all like I planned. I went back and found an article I linked to a few weeks ago from Faith & Family Live called Surrender the Choosing. One of the comments has especially stuck with me. It says, in part "God gave you this Lent.” And He will give you your Easter". I have thought about this several times over the past few weeks and just tried to draw closer to our Lord as I follow the path He has planned for me.

MAKE
Next year, Goose and I will have to make these Holy Week Caterpillars that turn into butterflies for Easter.

Too cute - argyle applique t-shirt at A Hoot and A Holler.

A.DOR.A.BLE - flower wreath headband at Aly & Ash.

This is one of those projects where I love the thought process as much as (or more!) thank the final creation: upcycled bracelets from At Second Street.

These Carseat Blankets at Craft Affection are a great idea.

Craftastical has a neat tutorial on making Loom Flowers Without the Loom.

An oldie but a goodie, and just in time for the plastic eggs to go on clearance - Skip to My Lou's Egg Shaped Sidewalk Chalk.

Fantastic Find has a neat idea for a Spring Bubble Kit with some neat variations.

Thanks to Zimms Zoo for the heads up - Filth Wizardry came up with Iron On Decals From Plastic Shopping Bags - oh, the possibilities!

Going Kiwi did a great job on these Felt Superheroes.

Considering how Goose likes to show off her tummy (let alone everything else!) while wearing a dress, I need to whip up some of these Girls' Modesty Shorts (Biker Shorts) from Hippos and Dinosaurs. Best of all - they use old t-shirts!

A couple of free patterns for little girls from oliver + s - Lazy Days Skirt and Popover Sundress.

With a name like Wiffle Ball Rosette Mobile, how could I NOT click through? (@ Lemon Tree Creations)

Such a cute add-on - Peek-A-Boo Tulle at Nancy's Couture.

Obsessively Stitching has a tutorial for a Dress Up Wedding Veil, though I'm thinking it'd work great for First Communion!

Oh, how fun is this?!? Someday Crafts has a post on Tutu Leggings, go see!

Speaking of leggings, these Leggings with Flare are fun and soooo easy, from Sugar Bee - Craft Edition.

EAT
Though I'm working on eating more "real" foods (i.e. as close to the real thing and as far from factories) as possible in our home, I'm still bookmarking recipes like Dana at MADE's How To Make Your Cake Mix Low Fat. (And I believe fat isn't all that bad, just proper fats in moderation.)

Speaking of real foods, Katie at Kitchen Stewardship tells us how to Germinate Brown Rice and a follow up on Reducing the Phytic Acid in Brown Rice by 96%.

I really want to spend some time just enjoying the fact that I'm using freshly ground flour using local wheat, but eventually I think I'd like to try sprouting the wheat before grinding, and Kelly the Kitchen Kop tells how do do that in Part 1 - Why Sprout Your Grains and Part 2 = How to Sprout Your Grains.

DO
Another oldie but a goodie, this post at Pondered In My Heart called Inch By Inch, Row By Row inspired me to start some pea seeds early. So far, it's ... um ... interesting.

See what Jessica at Shower of Roses is doing for her Good Shepherd's Garden Party, Week Two.

PRAY & PONDER
Secrets of Baby Behavior is doing a series on the science of infant sleep, here's Part I - the first six weeks and Part II - six to sixteen weeks.

I loved Danielle Bean's Marked By the Cross at Inside Catholic - she's right, sometimes it hurts too much to pray, but all we have to do is be near Jesus, and He'll take care of the rest.

More Lenten reading, an ancient sermon this time: The Lord Descends Into Hell at Catholic Culture.

Happy clicking, and happy Easter!

2 comments:

Chels said...

Thanks so much for the link in your round-up!

Kara Henry said...

So fun! Thanks for featuring me.