Thursday, April 30, 2009

Introducing the Goose


Oh, my, where do I start? Goose turned two years old on St. Paddy's Day six weeks ago. She's chattering up a storm these days and she's starting to make connections with things. We've been saying "splish-splash" when she's in the tub for a while now - today while we were out for a walk, she pointed at a puddle and said "splish-splash!" So of course we had to go through it! (We cut across a corner, anyway.)

One of her first words was "Nap" - not as in sleep, but as in one of our kitties who is named Nappy. She can name half a dozen of the barn cats on sight . . . I'm not sure Hubs can do that.

I'm really looking forward to this summer - I think we're going to have a lot of fun. For her first two summers, she and I both struggled (more to come on that when I sort through a post on the baby blues). We've been spending more time outside, whether going for a walk, hanging laundry, doing a bit of yardwork or gardening - and it has been great!

She's popped two new teeth in the past couple of weeks. I've been amazed at what a slow teether she has been; she didn't get her first tooth until she was 13 months old, and they've come slowly but usually in pairs since then. She was also a late walker, preferring to crawl and scoot until she was 15 months old. She's more than made up for it since then with running and now jumping. Lately her love has been the swing she got for her birthday, or as she says, "fwing!" I love the way her hair floofs as she flies through the air.

I'm extremely thankful that Hubs has provided us with the opportunity for me to stay home with Goose. I know different things work for different people, but I have never wanted to have kids and then hand them over to someone else to basically raise. Hopefully I'll be able to homeschool, too - I can't think of a better place to learn than on a farm.

We're looking forward to your getting to know us better!

3 comments:

Angela said...

What a great post! She is adorable! Isabella was late with her teeth too, her first one was at 11 and a half months. She also didn't walk until almost 15 months. I'm looking forward to your post on the baby blues. As you know, I have an interest in that. :)

Kim said...

Okay, so we see your adorable 2 yo. Now let's see YOU! Chicken! Bok bok!

Lenetta said...

Angela, I can only hope that Goose potty trains as well as Isabella. Any tips???

Kim, it's more a case of always being behind the camera. Hubs isn't known for taking pics, and I'm not sure Goose is ready to give it a try yet. :>)