Monday, June 21, 2010

Link Roundup - Busy Weekend Edition

The "city" wide garage sales in the nearby town where held this past weekend. My MIL and I went and conquered. :>) I have pictures of some of my more fun finds, can't wait to share them with you but wanted to get the link roundup done first.

We also had our first foray into geocaching. It was SO MUCH FUN, though I might be a bit biased because I found four of them to Hubs' two (and another one went to a cousin who joined us). We hope to do more of it soon!

So, let's get clickin'. Remember that you can hold down the control key and click the link to open in a new tab, or you can also right click and choose to open in a new tab (or a new window, if that's your thing).

MAKE
Too bad I hadn't seen this before I bought a cheap one for Goose and Hubs - it's a homemade butterfly net at Skip To My Lou, guest posted by Little Birdie Secrets.

Another guest post at Skip To My Lou, this time Nature Bracelets from Maya Made.

This post on Homemade Bug Banishing Candles from Positively Splendid is really informative regarding citronella candles and why the ones you buy probably don't do much.

I always love things where you can take the concept and apply it to different types of projects, which you could definitely do with this DIY Tissue Number Birthday Sign from Prudent Baby.

Jessica at Shower of Roses has a lovely project on Teaching Children Liturgical Colors of the Church Year.

We haven't been swimming yet, but hopefully we'll be spending some time in the water, and this Hooded Beach Towel and Backpack Tutorial would come in handy! (@ The Train to Crazy - hee!)

Even if you're like me and not a big fan of snakes, I'm betting one look at this Tie Rattle Snake Buddy from V & Co., one more guest post at Skip To My Lou, will convert you in a hurry!

EAT
These Cinnamon Roll Pancakes from Big Red Kitchen sounds like the best of both worlds to me.

DO
Katie at Kitchen Stewardship is working diligently on a camping ebook (and I can tell you firsthand that it's GREAT!) - you can get a sneak preview at Simply Organic with 10 Tips for Successful Camping with Young Children.

I haven't paged through mine yet, but I signed up to get this free workbook from The Well Grounded Life on How to Break the Sugar Habit.

Katie at KS also wrote a comparison between an Excalibur dehydrator and a Nesco dehydrator (square vs. round, in short) and in response, I wrote a review of my Cabela's dehydrator here, which is similar to an Excalibur.

I have a gallon jar that I MUST dig out of storage so I can try Sprouting Grains to Make Sprouted Flour by Kimarie of Cardamom’s Pod, guest posting at Kitchen Stewardship.

Trent at The Simple Dollar posted on Five Big Ways You Need to Think About Christmas ... Now! I've started mulling over my handmade Christmas gifts, but that's as far as I've gotten, I admit.

No Time for Flashcards has a great post on a Travel Craft Box - of course, you can make your own adjustments depending on your child's interests, but it's so helpful to have a place to start. For example, we might include stickers, or at least post-it notes.

Happy surfing!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Thanks for linking to me!

Kimarie said...

Hi Lenetta!! Thanks for the linky love! Nice to hear from you. :-)