Friday, May 7, 2010

Link Roundup - I Thought It Was Spring Edition

[Edit - sorry, there was a blogger misfire and this published before I was done. Oops.]

It's been cold, windy, with freeze warnings at night. That is not good on the little tomato and pepper plants I put in the garden this weekend. (This year's inaugural garden update is forthcoming.) Ah, well, I'm not ready for the heat of summer yet anyway.

So let's warm up with some links! (or something...)

MAKE
These Quick Craft Pinata Suncatchers from Frugal Family Fun Blog are too cute! (and they're Radar-shaped! We have a miniature donkey on the farm named Radar...)

What a great idea from I am Momma - Hear Me Roar (hee): the Always Tuck Me In Shirt for the wiggly little guys.

Who doesn't love flowers that never die??? Check out this Mother's Day Pool Noodle Bouquet from No Time For Flashcards.

I dig this Milk Jug Curtain from Homemade Mamas. Reusing at its best!

It isn't a tutorial, and it is in French. But I can't stop smiling about this Lonely Cow from les p'tits pieds canadiens. I don't even know what that means. But it's cute!

Craftadoodle has a quiet book including printable patterns! - check it out here.

The crochet hooks might be dug out for this Mini Stuffed Airplane at Inner Child Crochet.

Sun-Kissed Scholars tells us how to Turn Tights Into Knee or Thigh Highs.

Not sure how much of this would make it to Goose to play with - Homemade Edible Play Dough from My Frugal Lifestyle. Sounds yummy! :>)

EAT
I'm still on the search for a good everyday homemade bread recipe that's good for sandwiches; maybe this Bread Machine Sandwich Bread recipe from Frugally Blonde will fit the bill.

DO
This is an old post but lots of great ideas from Trent at The Simple Dollar - a Frugal Rainy Day Box.

Goose isn't old enough to be interested in American Girl stuff yet, but I'm thinking this would be good for a Little House on the Prairie themed party - check out these American Girl Pioneer Party Pics by One Charming Party.

I'm tucking this away for next year (thanks, Sarah!) - Companion Planting by Golden Harvest Organics.

Dabbled tells us how to do a Photo Safari With Kids. What a great idea!

Thanks to Laura at Heavenly Homemakers, I signed up for the Home Depot Gardening Club.

Annemarie pointed out this post on Pest Free Organic Apples. Now if I can just convince my dad, who grows the apples...

Another old post by Trent at The Simple Dollar, but also a good one, A Step-By-Step Guide to Creating a Deal-Finding Homepage and you customize it to exactly what fits your needs.

PRAY & PONDER
Shared on facebook by my city cousin (who grew up on the farm where I first became afraid of cows :>)) was Attention Whole Foods Shoppers, at Foreign Policy.

A good reminder for me - That's Why God Invented Bleach from The H Word.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Ooooh, I have also been searching for the perfect sandwhich bread recipe for what seems like forever! Let me know if that recipe is it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the Foreign Policy article Netta, I must have missed it on Lisa's FB page. I enjoyed reading it and also thought your "farm" explanation post from last week was very well done. I am often asked to defend (and explain!) farming here in the big city and it's nice to hear others saying some of the things I say; more objectively than I'm sometimes able to do. Growing up on the farm this stuff is pretty personal for me, questions can feel like attacks.

Pretty ironic that my city cousin who was AFRAID of cows (deeply and truly!) is now a NettaCOW blogger married to a cow farmer. I remember arming you with the biggest stick just in case they would attack you! Love how life works out!

Nise

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

I didn't know you have a miniature donkey! That's AWESOME! Thanks so much for the link -- it really made my day. :-)