Sunday, September 25, 2011

Daybook for September 25, 2011

Outside my window... still beautiful weather. Nights are quite chilly, which means mornings are quite chilly. This time of year, I tend to not bother getting Goose dressed until about 10AM or so, and then I feel like it's warming up enough for her to wear summerish clothes for the warm afternoon.

I am thinking... that my to-do list isn't getting any shorter, but I know this blog post won't take long. :>)

I am praying for... Hubs's family, still. His dad continues to decline due to Lou Gehrig's disease. Your prayers are appreciated for them as well.

I am thankful for... my dad. He takes SUCH good care of me. It truly is a foretaste of how my Heavenly Father loves me, and I wish every girl in the world were so lucky (on both counts, earthly and Heavenly fathers!)

From the learning rooms... planning. :>) I bought a planner on clearance and am getting ready to fill it up! Problem is, since preschool doesn't need to be particularly planned out, I'm not quite sure where to start or how to coordinate. But I'll figure it out, I'm sure.

From the kitchen... um. Pretty uninspiring. We're due to get a quarter of beef soon, so I'll be frying up hamburger and refreezing to have on hand, plus probably making a big batch of meatloaf and perhaps some porcupine meatballs as well.

I am wearing... black capri pants and a shirt from today's ALS walk.

I am creating... hmm, not much. But lots of ideas, like usual.

I am pondering... how to turn the Family Memories game into something I can put in the craft shop.

I am reading... Cinderella Ate My Daughter and Hold Onto Your Kids: Why Parents Need to Matter More Than Peers. I also recently picked up Mud Pies and Other Recipes: A Cookbook for Dolls, 401 Ways to Get Your Kids to Work at Home: Techniques, tips, tricks, and strategies on how to get your kids to become self-reliant, responsible adults, Getting Your Preschooler Ready for Math, and Jotham's Journey (in preparation for Advent).

I am hoping... that my adrenal glands continue to heal. I was feeling well enough that I backed off the supplements (as recommended by the pharmacist directing my treatment) and as expected, my energy has taken a dip. But I expect that it'll pick back up soon and I'll be able to continue down the path to health!

I am hearing... two cats purring curled up next to and on me, and a baseball game on TV.

Around the house... it's quiet, as Goosie is visiting her cousins for a week again. I have such wonderful memories of playing with my cousins and I want the same for her, even though hers are much farther away.

One of my favorite things... purring cats. Can't help it - I've always loved kitties.

A few plans for the rest of the week... picking up the house, crafting some stuff for the shop, chopping onions from the garden and freezing them, make a carrying case for my phone, bookwork, probably spending a day working in my MIL's quilt shop, a raw milk run, and my parents will be back on Friday with Goose then they'll spend the weekend here.

A picture thought I am sharing... Goose helping me put together sack lunch suppers for the silage crew. She did a great job!

No comments: