Monday, December 13, 2010

Link Roundup - Catch Up Edition

Um, so I have some links left over from months ago. It seems kinda weird to be posting them, but let's pretend I just found them, 'k?

MAKE
How cute are these Loopy Flowers from Happy Together??

I died of cuteness at this Complete Cow Costume at A Jennuine Life. Hoof mittens? Ear tag? Perfect.

Looks like fun but I'm still not brave enough to pull the trigger - How To Make Moon Sand at Couturier Mommy.

EAT
Although Hubs does not care for pretty much any of the ingredients of Thousand Island Dressing individually, put them together and he loves the stuff. I don't love the funky stuff in commercial versions, though, and I'd really like to try this recipe from Kelly the Kitchen Kop.

Everything but the kitchen sink, also known as Applesauce Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins from 16 Balls in the Air.

Cooks Illustrated is a great resource for the best techniques, gadgets, and how to get the best version of a recipe. So I took notice when I found this info on Garlic Tips and Techniques. Especially since cooking with fresh garlic still intimidates me... I like the stuff in the jar.

Along those lines, I like to cook with onion but am not a fan of chopping them so I found this Herb Seasoning Salt from Pink Bites very interesting. (and yummy sounding!)

Just like you shouldn't shop when you're hungry, I really shouldn't write about things like Laura's Healthy Caramel Frosting at Heavenly Homemakers. That post also links to how to make homemade sucanat powdered sugar. Along those lines, Laura's Easy Alfredo Sauce. That handful of Candy Cane Kisses I just put down should help my tummy a little...

Dishrag Diaries tells us how to Make Peanut Butter with lots of tips and explanations.

Fascinating. Are Acorns Edible? Yes, they are!

If a recipe consists primarily of apples, it must be healthy, right? That's how I'm going to try to justify polishing off a huge pile of Apple Nachos at gimmie some oven.

DO
This Fall Leaf Craft from Heart of the Matter is really stunning - even the four year old's is beautiful!

Confession time - I've already used this tip from Family Hacks on How to Retrieve Something From Down the Drain Without a Wrench. Hint - cover the hose of your shop vac with pantyhose. When Goose dumped the items from my vanity in the sink - and turned on the water! - this tip pulled a pair of earrings right up.

Find a bunch of Free Audio Books for Kids at Budget Saving Mom.

Admittedly I haven't clicked around over here, but there are a ton of Household Science - Homemade Tips at Gomestic.

Hubs is a skeptic, I think, but I can't help reading stuff like this bulletin on How to Tap Maple Trees and Make Maple Syrup from the University of Maine Cooperative Extension.

Lots of Sewing Helper: Tips & Resources at Tipnut.

It's been a sickly winter so far at our house, and I've been wondering about taking Fermented Cod Liver Oil as an immune booster. Katie at Kitchen Stewardship tells us that the answer to pretty much all our questions about CLO is "yes". :>) She also follows up with an interview of the owner of the only producer of fermented CLO - which is located not too far from Nettacow-land! However, Food Renegade asks Should You Take Fish Oil?

PRAY & PONDER
Paths That Cross at Faith & Family Live is just a bit more proof of Divine Providence, I think.

Hmm, I think that's enough for now. Happy clicking, friends!

2 comments:

MommyLydia said...

You might check out this link of cool things to make!
http://www.ohdeedoh.com/ohdeedoh/twenty-easy-gifts-for-kids-you-can-make-this-weekend-134586

Lenetta said...

Ooh, some cute stuff there - thanks!