Sunday, September 26, 2010

Link Roundup - Ahh, Fall Edition

Goose and I went outside for a while tonight before her bedtime and enjoyed the beautiful weather. While it's tough to dress a little one (pants and jacket in the morning, shorts and short sleeves by noon!), I so dearly love this time of year.

Still trying to catch up on the links, so let's get to it.

MAKE
This woven Headband Refashion at Skip To My Lou is really, really neat.

Oh, MERCIFUL HEAVENS, I am dying of cuteness from this Old MacDonald Puppet Tutorial and Pattern at Just Another Day in Paradise.

This Braided Neck Tutorial at Just Another Day in Paradise is a very cute way to customize, and I'm thinking it could be done with spare fabric or thrifted shirts and could really make an outfit pop!

Tee hee, I am loving this Kids Craft that uses recycled pencil shavings at Kala Nirmitee.

Little Miss Momma has a tutorial for a cute and simple Sew Button Headband.

Also cute and simple is this Ribbon and Bead Bracelet at Live Laugh Craft.

Oh, mercy, I am loving this Diaper Cover Tutorial and Free Pattern at MADE. Goose is long out of diapers, but she isn't so good at the whole modesty thing when wearing a dress.

Another thing I never knew I wanted to do - My Way To Make Fabric Stickers, at mairuru.

Well done, Paint Me Plaid - this Cherry Shelf is adorable!

EAT
Three of my favorite things: Homemade. Cinnamon. Bread. No surprise, coming from The Pioneer Woman.

Not quite as exciting, but still a good idea is Homemade French Dressing at Heavenly Homemakers.

I had been passing by recipes that include bisquick, but Plate by Plate has a recipe for Homemade Quick Baking Mix, and it uses butter, much healthier than shortening.

Though it takes a whole lotta tomatoes and doesn't yield much paste, I'm really thinking about trying this recipe for Homemade Tomato Paste from Group Recipes. (Thanks, Kim!)

I've given up on the boxed stuff, so I can't help collect recipes for Homemade Macaroni and Cheese, this one from Kuzak's Closet.

Losing Creek Farm is talking about Frying Potatoes.

You know those posts that you gain ten pounds just by reading? Click through at your own risk... Dough Boys, at Making Memories ... One Fun Thing After Another.

And again, Maple Glazed Walnuts at Tammy's Recipes.

There's another ten pounds... Lemon Lush, at Me And My Pink Mixer.

DO
More shirring advice, this time Shirring With Your Brother - that's a sewing machine, not a sibling. :>) (@ Grosgrain)

I haven't checked it out at all, but someone somewhere recommended Homeschool Skedtrack, which "is a FREE online lesson planner, scheduler, and tracking system rolled into one. The heart of the system is the automated scheduling of activities that frees you from the headache of rescheduling everything once an activity/lesson is missed."

Not only is the post itself interesting, but Dana at MADE has one of the longest post titles ever Home Improvement: Everything You Need To Know About Painting Walls, Vertical Stripes, Paint Tools, and A Little Crown Molding. Whew.

This is one of those posts that you hope you never need to know. It's Almost Naptime!! explains How to Help a Friend Who Has Lost a Child.

Though we didn't find out if Goose was a boy or a girl, I love the idea of this Gender Reveal Party, at Joyful Adorations. I think there was a video when I first saw it but it's not there anymore. The pictures are super cute, still. Very fun!

Check out what is Behind Closet Doors at Ana White, aka Knock Off Wood.

This Cereal Box Marble Run at Made by Joel is keeping the theme of simple and very fun.

No comments: