Sunday, July 4, 2010

Link Roundup - "Goes Boom" Edition

This sums up my feelings toward fireworks: Musings of a Fireworks Scrooge. (You'll have to click through to get the "goes boom" part.)

To get my mind off being cranky over all the money going up in smoke and causing my 3 year old to say over the monitor every five minutes "what wazzat, Mama?", let's do some clicking around.

MAKE
While I think cupcakes are delightful in their own, I'm not opposed to simple additions to make them even cuter, like these Cupcake Wrappers Made From Doilies at Intimate Weddings.

I love this idea - Embroidery for Kids a guest post from One Hill Road at Skip to My Lou. It would make great gifts, for sure!

These Paper Globes from Hello, My Name is Heather are so, so pretty in their simplicity.

A Storybook Life has a post on How to Make Beautiful Beads From Recycled Newspaper that are lovely!

Little Apartment on the Prairie tells us How to Make Your Own Beach Glass.

It's no secret that I'm a big fan of knocking off cool stuff and making it yourself, so today's version of that tactic is this Land of Nod Inspired Floor Cushion at Living with Punks.

Sew, Mama, Sew has a tutorial on a very lovely Perfectly Portable Cushion. If you want to see all the Summer Sewing projects, click here.

I think I'm going to keep an eye out for big spoons at thrift shops so I can Make Cute Garden Markers at The Magic Onions.

EAT
Family Balance Sheet has a Grilled Summer Squash with Parmesan and Herb recipe that sounds delicious! From there, I also clicked through to Pasta with Fall Squash and Leeks. Yum.

Not sure if I'm brave enough, but I still am bookmarking this Raw Chocolate "Pudding" at Naturally Knocked Up.

Taste is Trump has a simple recipe for Fruit Leather which apparently is amazing with apricots. Now I'm hungry...

DO
I'm seriously eyeing this Simple Behavior Intervention at Chasing Cheerios for Goose, who also has a listening problem much of the time.

Katie at Kitchen Stewardship tells us how she is battling her fruit flies and How To Naturally Get Rid of Ants in Your House.

To head off the cries of "I'm boooored", Shower of Roses posted about Summer Bingo at their house.

Tipnut has some Tips for Removing Carpet Stains.

RANDOM
This is something I pray I never see, but I thought it was important enough to share: Drowning Doesn't Look Like Drowning, at gCaptain.

This is nothing if not random - How to Open a Bottle of Wine with a Shoe, from wimp.com.

Happy clicking! And I hope you were able to celebrate the 4th with more than just loud noises and burned-up money. :>)

2 comments:

Family Balance Sheet said...

This is a great round up. Thanks for including my links.

Cuscini said...

Linetta, I went to gcaptain to read "Drowning doesn't look like drowning," and I was astounded. With our beautiful National Sea Shore here on Cape Cod, drowning is a terrible concern. At work, I set up a blog for the little church, and I'm going to link to Mario's post so parishioners can read it, too.

Love all your recommendations, especially the painter's cloth pergola!

Hope you had a wonderful Fourth and that you're enjoying the summer!
Jude
at dolcecapecod dot blogspot.com