Saturday, July 17, 2010

Link Roundup - Feet in the Pool Edition

This post was composed at least in part wading-poolside with my feet in said pool, as Goose occasionally keeps me awake by dumping water on my legs. Life isn't too bad on this HOT day!

MAKE
This Felt Mat, Girl Style from A girl and a glue gun is a super idea!

If you need to craft on the cheap, check out this Sock Wreath from Blue Cricket Design.

A new blog I'm digging is Crafty Mama - lots of neat project ideas over there.

Valerie at Frugal Family Fun Blog has done it again - this time, it's a Travel Play Kitchen Set that's great for small spaces, and a Mini Paper Doll Travel Set.

I got a huge kick out of this PVC Sprinkler Water Toy via Instructables.

Contrary to what Hubs might think about my garden weeding frequency, I seem to poke through the fingers of my gardening gloves in short order. I can now whip up some Handmade Gardening Gloves with the help of Weekend Sewing by Heather Ross. Though I might add some ribbing at the cuffs...

Thanks to Angie at Treasures for Tots for the heads-up on this: DIY Bobbin Organizer from The Sassy Crafter. So far, I have tended to be really stingy with thread, so I don't have too many filled (or partially filled) bobbins. And I have a neat little plastic case. But still? This is a great idea.

Mine would *never* in a million years end up looking quite so neat, but I love this Utility Tote from Bag'n-Tell, with the main reason quite possibly being that the pattern uses algebra.

EAT
Regardless of my marital status, I'm tempted to give Joy the Baker's Single Lady Pancake a try.

If you have an apple abundance this year (don't think I will, sigh...), check out these Applesauce Recipes at Tipnut.

I'm super excited to find these Strawberry Cupcakes that don't start with a box mix and don't include a bunch of weird stuff that isn't really food! Thanks, Daily Nibbles!

The wheels are already turning in my mind about how I can use regular tomatoes to make Nancy Harmon Jenkins' Pasta with Baked Tomato Sauce, from The Wednesday Chef.

Even though I'm currently crazy full from overindulging on cookies, I still want to jump up and make these Snickerdoodle Blondies from Brown Eyed Baker.

DO
Probably my favorite part of this post on How To Dry Fresh Herbs at Bargaineering is that it identifies which herbs are better to freeze and which are better to dry. I will have an herb garden one of these years, I will!

Chasing Cheerios has a cheap and easily stored Fun Math Activity.

How fun is this Paper City at Made By Joel??

I can't imagine ever wanting to leave this Mud Pie Kitchen at Pepper Paints.

Really, this is a DON'T DO! from The Red Tape Chronicles, See An Online Job Scammer At Work.

PRAY & PONDER
I really enjoyed this post on What Parenting Books Can't Teach at Faith & Family Live.

Happy clicking!

3 comments:

Sarah @ Mum In Bloom said...

I always enjoy your shared links and find so many interesting things thru them. Thank you for sharing :)

kim west said...

thanks for the shoutout! girl stuff is just so much funner to make. My sister has all boys and I feel bad for not doing as many boy things..but i could just give them a bucket of dirt and they would be content!

MommyLydia said...

I love the travel ideas! That seems to be the hardest place to deal with