Saturday, January 1, 2011

Link Roundup - Seriously? Edition

I have yet another cold. I think I had about 10 days to two weeks where I wasn't coughing all the time, and now I'm back to it. Sigh. This winter can't be over soon enough in that regard.

So let's get to some links since they don't make my ribs hurt.

MAKE
I'm loving the simplicity of this Felt Board Tutorial from jchandmade. [Click "next" at the top left to move through the photos. Took me a while to find it. :>)]

I've never seen anything quite like this Peyote Stitch Tutorial, from Uzume's Crafty Goodness.

Cheap, pretty, functional - what's not to love about these Ten Dollar Ledges from Ana White.

I am totally enamored with this How To Make an Argyle Fleece Throw at CraftStylish.

What an awesome idea - a No Sew Felt Playhouse Tutorial at Sew Can Do.

These Cinnamon Hot Pads from My Paper Crane sound really cool, though I'm not sure how they'd smell with, say, chicken. :>)

I'm quite sure I could drop 10 years of my life browsing the archives at That Artist Woman (note: school kid crafts!)

Love finding a new twist on old favorites - Monogram Taggie at Twelve Crafts Till Christmas.

Speaking of Christmas, I'm tucking away these Beaded Snowflake Ornaments from Naturally Educational for Goose to make next year.

EAT
I can't look at these Charlie Brown Thanksgiving Cupcakes without cracking up, from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen.

Healthy Cream Cheese Frosting? Yup, or as healthy as it gets anyway, especially coming from Laura at Heavenly Homemakers.

Rendering Lard - in a crockpot no less! - is totally fascinating to me, though I'm not sure I have the backbone to try it just yet. (@ A Moderate Life)

I love caramels, and I love gingerbread. I'm not quite sure about these Gingerbread Caramels from Martha Stewart, but if anybody wants to make them, I'll volunteer to be a taste tester.

You're about to see a trend here: Peppermint Fudge Cupcake Jars from Our Best Bites, Peppermint Caramels (Polkagriskola) from Lindsay Cooks, Peppermint Magic Shell from The Family Kitchen - which is REAL FOOD and also pretty easily adaptable for other flavors, I think, aaaand Peppermint Rimmed Hot Cocoa at How Does She?

It would be seriously detrimental to any diet hopes I have for the new year, but I can't stop thinking about these Brownie Covered Oreos at Polka Dots and Pizza.

As an attempt to get me back on track, let's shift focus to these Sourdough Cinnamon Rolls with Buttermilk Cream Cheese Icing at heartland Renaissance.

I like the looks of this French Toast Frittata from Kelly the Kitchen Kop.

And just in case you weren't hungry enough, check out these Vanilla Muffins with Cinnamon Crumb Topping at Heavenly Homemakers.

DO
Each of these 8 Gifts for Playful Children are great ideas, from Kaboom.

I was very moved reading the story about El Refugio over at Chasing Cheerios. I was blessed to have a wonderful (and safe!) visit to Guatemala about ten years ago and I'm not sure I would want to go back, but I do carry a piece of it in my heart.

These Reindeer Games at Little Wonders Days cracked me up. What a great way to celebrate Advent! Sure, it's secular, but It would be a great combination with watching the old Rudolph movie.

PRAY & PONDER
After reading the article You Cannot Steal My Joy at Faith & Family Live, I have made a conscious effort to hold my voice down when I need to deal with Goose. She is my God-given source of joy, and I need to be reminded of it sometimes.

Even with my 40 Bags in 40 Days of Lent decluttering spree, I still have a ways to go. Thankfully I run across things like this Junk or Treasure? post at Making Country Memories, my friend Maxine's blog.

I'm off to codine cough syrup land - happy clicking!

5 comments:

Kim said...

We must have the same thing. Just when I think I'm over it I relapse. Ack! This is some mean winter. Can't wait for it to be over! I'm tired of being sick! ((hugs)) for you, my friend!

Zimms Zoo said...

we all had it here too. which was not good for my grandma. boo!

tried the peppermint rimmed mugs. YUMMY!! my mom is allergic to brown chocolates so thought about steamed milk, white chocolate and the peppermints for her.

lots of good links. can't wait to try them.

btw we made the ten dollar ledges. or brown bear made them from pallets and they turned out great. i am thinking i need another guest post on building with teens and scrap stuff, huh? hehe

CHERI said...

Thanks for all the great things you share with us...I'm sure it takes a lot of time and effort. Hope you feel better soon...I'm in the same boat with you:)

LaVonne said...

I like your link round up. Thanks for sharing them :)

Happy New Year!

Candace @Naturally Educational said...

Thank you for featuring our beaded snowflakes! We made a large one that hangs from our chandelier all winter long...to match the gazillions that have fallen from the sky in NY this winter!

Great round-up...I'm proud to be part of it!