Friday, February 26, 2010

The Way of the Cross


One of the things I love about Lent is attending Stations of the Cross. Don't get me wrong - walking the path toward Jesus' death with Him is excruciating. And yet I look forward to it every week. I usually cry, and I've finally gotten to the point where I don't get too embarassed about it. I'm blessed that Goose LOVES anything to do with church and Jesus, though admittedly she wasn't quite sure what was going on at first since it's different from Mass. I'm also blessed that it is available just down the street from me - there were only six of us in attendance this week, but it was as powerful as if there had been a packed house.

If you'd like to learn more about Stations, here are a few links from Creighton University in Omaha. They explain why do the Stations, how to do the Stations, and provide online Stations that one can click through.

Stations of the Cross are an excellent way to help keep focus on Jesus as we prepare to celebrate His resurrection. Even if you are not Catholic, I highly encourage you to check them out, and join Him on his journey toward your salvation - and mine.

3 comments:

Amy @ Finer Things said...

Stations is my favorite, too. I went last week... there were only six of us also. :) Missed last night b/c of a ball game. Should be clear to go the rest of lent.

Angela said...

That is awesome that Goose loves going to church, Isabella does too. Hopefully they stay that way. :) I love Stations, too, although our church doesn't have them every week. :(

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

How neat that Goose enjoys anything church related too! Very cool!