Thursday, June 18, 2009

And a Good Time Was Had By All!

My small successes this week are all related to a fun time yesterday.

1) I *finally* got together with a friend in one of the nearby "cities". We've been saying "we need to get together" for well over a year.

2) Said friend began teaching me how to knit! And was so generous as to give me a pair of her knitting needles to boot!

3) Goose ended up not napping yesterday - I thought for sure she'd conk out on the way home. While I wasn't as patient with her last night as I should have been (especially during the HUGE cannonballs she was doing in the bathtub while I was working on my laptop next to it), I have been patient with her this morning. Right up to the time she walked out the door with Hubs to go to my MIL's since I have to work this morning. (It's much easier to be patient when there's a light at the end of the tunnel, eh?)

Here's hoping for a good nap this afternoon! For more moms' small successes, visit Faith & Family here.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Making the time to get together with friends is so important for us women and mothers I think. We need that time together. I'm so happy that you were able to have that!

And great job on keeping your cool with the water works next to your lap top. I think I would have blown my top for sure, lol!

Thank you for sharing your successes. Many blessings to you!

Sharon said...

Ah, from one mom to another... Thank goodness for new mercies every morning!!

I hope you got a good nap time in today.

di said...

I'm new to the Faith & Family Small Successes link and just had to comment on your post. I'm so glad to hear that I am not the only one who sits beside their little one while they are playing in the tub! I do the same thing all of the time. lol

I'm glad that you got to spend time with your friends. That is such an important and wonderful thing and something that we mom's tend for forget to do! I sure know I do. :-)

Take care!