Sunday, May 9, 2010

Daybook for May 9, 2010

Outside my window... dark, cool, and windy. It was like 80 degrees for an entire week, so I washed Goose's winter coat and hat and mittens intending to put them away. Looks like that was a mistake.

I am thinking... that I ought to go to bed early tonight for once. [Edit - I didn't make it, but I had a lovely visit with my sister-in-law :>))

I am thankful for... my cousin, who is spending mother's day as a mother of two. She birthed her second baby on Friday (ahem) out the "normal" exit after her first daughter was born via c-section. She really showed us how it's done, and I can't WAIT to go see them!

From the learning rooms... Goose has been really exploding with her imagination. I love hearing her play, and she does quite well playing by herself!

From the kitchen... my MIL made steak for dinner, and we got pizza for supper plus fixings to make "blizzards". I managed to fill up on pizza, so I'll have my blizzard tomorrow, I think. And I just realized I have zero plans for meals the rest of the week. Yikes.

I am wearing... PJs. A Minnesota Twins shirt and fleece pants with kitties on them.

I am creating... a few baby gifts - I love stitching for new little ones! I also made a Care Bears sheet for Goose, and she still won't sleep in her toddler bed. I used the scraps from that to make two simple Care Bears bags for Goose and my cousin's first daughter. And hair clippies - I re-did the shamrock I mangled for Goose's birthday, and I made a heart one for my cousin's little girl.

I am pondering... what a blessing it is to be forgiven.

I am reading... still the same things, also I will be adding to the list Kimberly Hahn's 'Graced and Gifted: Biblical Wisdom for the Homemaker's Heart' or so I'm told by Paperback Swap.

I am hoping... hmm, I guess things are pretty settled down, so I'm back to just my basic intercessions. God has given so many blessings lately to me and the ones I love!

I am hearing... Hubs, his parents, and sister are watching Avatar. I was tending to Goose for a big chunk of the beginning, so opted not to try and figure out what I'd missed.

Around the house... I actually cleaned it up pretty well this week! And last week, I gave Bar Keepers Friend a try on my awful shower floor and I'm thrilled to say it worked like a charm. Now to keep the house looking nice, well, that's a different story.

One of my favorite things... feeding the barn cats with my sister-in-law. Which was punctuated by a surprise visit from Hubs and our miniature donkey, who doesn't really like cats.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Bible study (only a few sessions left!), chiropractor appointment, hopefully a trip to see my cousin and her new baby, Mass on Wednesday or Thursday.

A picture thought I am sharing... While Goose was eating breakfast one morning, I put her Easter bucket full of empty plastic Easter eggs in the spare bedroom. She heard me do it, but didn't see it. After she was out of her highchair, I went downstairs to get dressed. Usually she follows me down, but that day, she didn't.

When I came back upstairs, she was sitting in the dining room (outside of the spare bedroom) playing with her eggs and bucket. The door to the spare room was open, and she'd pushed one of the kitchen chairs (the all wood one in the pic) into the spare bedroom, climbed up, got the bucket, climbed down (thankfully she didn't fall) and got down to business.

I'll admit, I don't know why she didn't pull over the chair that was already in the room, but I'm still marveling at the level of ingenuity displayed. :>)

2 comments:

Grace @ WhimsyLoft dot com said...

Happy Mom's Day to you!

Angela said...

That is some great ingenuity!

Graced and Gifted is an awesome book, I loved it! The first one or two chapters were hard for me to get into, but then I didn't want to put it down.