Saturday, September 26, 2009

Link Roundup, (Intentionally Left Blank) Edition

I'm not sure why it is, but it seems that frequently as I click around the 'net, going about my usual business, I stumble across some very sad things, especially blogs written by parents whose babies are very sick. Sometimes they bring their babies home to a normal life, but very often their babies go home with Jesus instead. As a mother, my heart aches for them. I just read a mother describe an "Isaac-sized hole" in herself, and later, watching one of her children misbehave and then dissolve into tears, she recognized that same sized hole in him, too. And I wept with her.

And as I was going through my links for the week, I pulled up a story re-posted for the feast day of Padre Pio. I wept when I read it the first time and I'm tearing up now, thinking of a mother who did get to bring her baby home to their family. Read it here.

So. I'm going to spend the day snuggling a certain goose, and hopefully whipping together a fabric cover for the basket I bought for her bike. We've been holding it on with some velcro pieces and I think we're ready for the real thing. Now, how about some links?

MAKE
I think I need a bit more sewing experience to figure these out, but aren't these t-shirts with ruffles as icing on cupcakes very, very cute?

One of my nieces digs headbands, so I'm always on the lookout for ones to make for her. Check out these t-shirt headbands at Zakka Life.

When I finally start knitting "for real" (instead of just trying not to poke myself with the needles, that is), I would love to make these adorable knitter's gift tags when I give my creations away! (Which is presuming that I'll *ever* get good enough to give them away . . .)

EAT
Here are some French toast recipes from Tipnut, along with some basic French toast tips and a recipe.

Here is a wonderfully-photo-detailed tutorial on how to make your own cake flour at Joy the Baker.

Sarah made some delicious-sounding sourdough cheese crackers. Mmmmm.

DO
I can't hardly put these under "make" since they're SO EASY! :>) Toilet paper pumpkins over at Chocolate on My Cranium. CUTE!

While there are a number of cute ideas on how to decorate your home for fall in five minutes at Nesting Place, I think my favorite is the display of silhouettes and how they're all done a bit differently but the display is very cohesive. I like it a lot!

Can't say I remember hearing about this Novena for impossible requests before, but I have a few prayer intentions that seem to fall into this category.

Happy surfing, and make sure you give your kiddos an extra squeeze today, k?

3 comments:

Heather said...

I also cried at that story. Really amazing and so touching! You are on a roll getting me choked up this afternoon :)

Heather

Lenetta said...

Ah, if only I'd have known! I could have called this the "Friends Don't Let Friends Cry Alone" edition. :>) I sat here for several minutes and couldn't come up with anything, so I went with the blank thing. :>)

Ritsumei said...

Those cupcakes are INDEED wonderful... and my sister is due with a little girl-baby in January! Hurray! Then there will be girl babies and boy babies in our family to make fun things for!