Thursday, September 10, 2009

7 Quick Takes, No Goose Edition 2


--1--
Goose went to Grandma's again. She left this afternoon, after her nap. I'm already lonely. Hubs keeps doing our little "goose call" (like he's trying to call her in) and it makes me miss her more!

--2--
This week, I canned applesauce. Except I left the peels on, then ran it through my canning colander (that looks like these - I don't have a pic of mine!) I thought about blending the peels in, but they'd have needed to cook for longer and I was running short on time.

--3--
Then I canned more tomato juice. (This tip from Heather made a HUGE difference in my mess level - why didn't I think of that???)

--4--
Then I canned some roasted tomato sauce. Thanks to Valerie at Frugal Family Fun Blog for pointing me toward that link! The bummer thing was that I was too stuffed up to smell it!

--5--
I also canned some salsa, using a recipe from Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving. I definitely wore gloves to avoid jalapeño hands.

--6--
Thankfully I seem to be getting over my cold quickly. After getting up so early to make salsa, I got to bed at a good time Tuesday night. But I was pulling a batch of tomato sauce out of the canner at 12:30 this morning - ouch. I actually have one batch left to can, but decided to take a bit of a break today so I put it in the refrigerator and will get it done tomorrow. And I'm extra thankful my nose isn't running constantly like it was!

--7--
Doing all this canning has really been tough on my tennis elbow. My chiropractor showed me a stretching trick with a rubber band to help strengthen the muscles and hopefully help it, but for now, it just aches. And, I'm a weenie. :>)

I have lots of great links for my reading the whole internet post this weekend, hope to see you later!

Also please see this post to learn how September 10, 2001, was as significant for me as September 11th, and I'd love for you to leave a comment over there of where you were when you learned of the events of September 11, 2001.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Love the links. You've been a busy bee this week, eh?

PS - I'm a weenie too. LOL!