Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Link Roundup - Cousin Chaos Edition

We're currently at my parents' house where Goose is enjoying the pandemonium that is her four cousins aged 11-3. Good times are being had by all, I assure you.

Lots of links today! I suspect I'm double posting some of these, and I apologize. I've been trying to search my blog to see what's been posted and what hasn't, and it's starting to make me crazy, plus I'll never get this posted otherwise. So please accept my apologies if (when) I mess up!

MAKE
So easy, it's hardly a "make" - Straws, Beads, and Pipe Cleaner Stars from Chasing Cheerios.

No Time For Flash Cards explains how to make your own Lacing Cards in different shapes - the best part for me was the tip to tie your yarn on one corner of the card. Brilliant!

I tried these Velcro Blocks for one of my nieces as a Christmas gift, and it didn't work so well for us. For one, my velcro wasn't as wide as the blocks, it was difficult to glue on (well, to stay glued on) and yes, it takes FOREVER to cut and glue velcro. But, feel free to check it out. :>) (@ Chasing Cheerios)

This DIY Wine Bottle Light from Wit and Whistle is so pretty!

Since the necklaces for my sisters-in-law didn't work out (neither of the TWO designs, sigh), I went with Beaded Wine Charms as seen at DJAjewels.

The tutorial for how to make a Potluck Dish Cozy From an Old Sweater at Craftzine looks so easy that even I could do it...

"Sweet" is about the only way I can describe this Pillowcase to Doll Blanket Tutorial at MADE.

Also at MADE, but considerably more time-consuming than the above, is this Faux Chenille Blanket Tutorial.

Not sure why I am such a big sucker for stuff like this Framed Fabric Monogram (this one at Somewhat Simple), but I guess as long as they keep catching my eye, I'll keep linking to them.

I've long been looking for a homemade wedding gift, and I may have found a go-to one in these Homemade Photo Flip Books complete with 31 Days of Prayer for Your Husband, at Better Life Bags.

This Recycled Cardboard Kitty Pad at Design*Sponge makes me a bit nostalgic for my nephew-kitty who used to use one.

I might have to get my crochet hook out to make this Kitten Toy from Craftbits.

EAT
Admittedly I'm not much of a cake baker, but I like the idea of baking a cake from scratch. This Cinnamon Vanilla Cake at Catholic Cuisine sounds great, though I'm not too sure about the Mexican Hot Chocolate Buttercream Frosting - to each her own, though!

Easy and it sounds delicious - Honey Trail Mix at Catholic Cuisine.

I freely admit that pie crusts scare me, but Sarah at heartland Renaissance (which I never spell correctly on the first try) makes Perfect Pastry seem easy.

A very fun idea for next year's St. Nicholas day - Golden Santa Bread from Taste of Home. You can change up the Santa hat to a Bishop's miter, of course.

I can personally attest that this Cauliflower Cheese with Broccoli and Bacon from The Life and Times of the 21st Century Housewife is SUPER YUMMY! Though I'd cut back a bit on the onion next time, that didn't stop me from eating it in about two or three sittings.

Even with the fat-and-sugar frenzy of this past week or two, I can't stop looking at these Homemade Doughnuts at Pretty Lil' Posies.

And the opposite end of the sugar spectrum would be this Spinach Soup with Gruyere from The Pioneer Woman.

At this point, all "real food" is sounding good (once I begin to want to eat again, that is), especially this Broccoli Cheese Casserole from Kelly the Kitchen Kop.

DO
This Fishers of Men - Celebrating St. Andrew treat at Catholic Cuisine sounds very easy and super FUN!

I never knew the story behind writing S.A.G. on letters to ensure their safe delivery until now - check it out at St. Anthony Guide at Catholicism.org.

See what Katy Says is The Best Abdominal Exercise You're Not Doing. (note to self: start doing it!)

Lots of lovely Vintage Christmas Postcard Printables as found on Flickr.

Another bit of brilliance from Sarah at heartland Renaissance is this tutorial on Canning Stock for the Pantry. What an awesome idea!

Happy clicking, and happy new year, too!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Thanks for the links, Lenetta! Two in one round-up, I think that's a first for me! :)

And that monogram tutorial might have to be kept in mind for an upcoming nursery project; so cute!!

Best,
Sarah