Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Spring Cleaning: Get the Junk OUT!

OK, guys, along with my 40 bags in 40 days, I've been collaborating behind the scenes with some amazing bloggers on something new! (Actually, I feel like I'm just riding on coat-tails here, but I'll go with it...) In Katie's words:
------------------------------
Get out your calendars, and mark down the dates for a 10-week rotating carnival called Spring Cleaning: Get the Junk Out!
blog carnival

We’re going to spring clean here at Kitchen Stewardship in a unique way. Instead of focusing on your physical space, we’ll look at a myriad of issues that you may want to get out of your diets, cleaning cupboards, bad habit collections or mental baggage. Each week, a different blog will host a theme that fits their mission and a linky for YOU to link up any pertinent posts.

Related posts for the linky might include a tips post, a recipe, a personal story of getting that issue “out”, or even questions you have about the issue.

Here’s the list of hostesses and weekly themes so you can plan to participate. There will be giveaways for each week. New and old posts welcome!

  1. 3/23 Katie @ Kitchen Stewardship: antibacterial soap/bleach

  2. 3/30 Amy @ Simply Sugar and Gluten Free: gluten

  3. 4/6 Beth @ Fake Plastic Fish: plastic food containers

  4. 4/13 Donielle @ Naturally Knocked Up: refined sugar

  5. 4/20 Micaela @ Mindful Momma: parabens

  6. 4/27 Lenetta @ Nettacow: food additives

  7. 5/4 Kelly the Kitchen Kop: CAFOs

  8. 5/11 Laura @ Heavenly Homemakers: pesticides

  9. 5/18 Mandi @ Organizing Your Way: clutter

  10. 5/25 Claire @ Saving Money Plan: debt


------------------------------
Back to Lenetta: Yeah, that's the kind of people I somehow ended up rubbing elbows with! I'll admit that I haven't had a very public mission regarding food additives, but it's something that I've really been looking at lately, and am anxious to do more research on and share with you. (Really, I haven't had much of a mission beyond crafting and unsuccessfully trying to get the toddler to nap, but I'm running with it!)

I've mentioned before that Hubs got me a Nutrimill for Christmas, and I'm pleased to tell you that today I ground some wheat and used the flour to make pretzels and they were AWESOME! And I felt really good about making them, too. Since I've been reading Kitchen Stewardship, I've been paying more attention to things - labels, ingredients, chemicals, habits. Katie is big on starting with baby steps, which is good because I don't think I could handle much more than that.

I hope you'll join us as we get the junk out!

No comments: