Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Stacking Plastic Storage Containers (Tupperware, etc.)


My kitchen tip for today is how to stack plastic storage containers like Tupperware, Rubbermaid, etc. The natural tendency is to put the smaller containers in the bigger ones. But, if they are the same diameter (size across), they actually stack better if you put the taller containers inside the shorter ones!

I keep these in a drawer, and I can always tell when the toddler has rearranged them or someone else has put them away because the drawer won't close. With these containers, I can then put the stacked smaller ones inside the stacked larger ones, and my drawer will still close.

For more kitchen tips, visit Tammy's Recipes. And for those of you who came over from Tammy's, I'd love it if you'd visit my post on keeping toddlers occupied in the car and give me any ideas you have. I've compiled a lot, but it's going to be a looong trip. Thanks!

2 comments:

Sharinskishe said...

I have learned this too. I also put my containers in a drawer and a pull out shelf. So you have to stack them just so or there is no closing. This is an awesome tip!!

Thanks for sharing with us.

Shari

2Shaye ♪♫ said...

Cool tip. Yeah, we kinda have to live and learn with these things. Don't we? ITA, taller inside shorter works best.